Installing Archive on Blogger/blogspot Website

Here's the easy steps on how to setup a Archive page for your blogger site.

This is my popular question?? 

How do I put my archive on it's own page?
1) Put my archive on a separate page, which I can link to from a tab in my page gadget and then...
2) To remove the archive gadget from the main page or make it invisible.

Alternatively, you can ignore everything above and do as I say.

1) Create a static page dedicated for archiving:
Dashboard - Posting - Edit Pages - New Page - Set page title as Archive - Publish Page - View page - copy down it's address/URL

2) We wanna add a archive gadget and place it below Post's Body.
Dashboard - Design - Page Elements - Add a gadget - Blog Archive - Click and drag the gadget so that it will below the box that reads 'Blog Posts'.

3) We gonna play with codes here. We have 2 objectives. Hide archive gadget from all pages except for the page that we have created in step 1, and hide all page elements from the page tat we have created in step 1 except for the gadget archive. At this point, let's just say things will be ALOT easier if I have known you URL. Without taking a look at your template, I cant promise the code will work in your blog. But I will post the code that works in mine.

Dashboard - Design - Edit HTML - find for </b:skin> - place the following code below </b:skin>.

<b:if cond='data:blog.url == &quot;http://alljectsart.blogspot.com/p/archive.html&quot;'>
<style>
#Blog1{
display:none;
}
</style>
</b:if>

<b:if cond='data:blog.url != &quot;http://alljectsart.blogspot.com/p/archive.html&quot;'>
<style>
#BlogArchive1{
display:none;
}
</style>
</b:if>


4) Save it. Goodluck

If this does not work on you, please post your URL here after finishing steps 1 and 2.

Got Something to Add?
0 comments: Post a Comment

Older Post